Official US PlayStation Forums: The Exodus

PSN, PSone, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP, PS Vita - all things Sony!

Official US PlayStation Forums: The Exodus

Postby JASONxxVOORHEES » 29 Aug 2014, 08:53

First I want to say that I am pleased to see familiar faces here. If there is ONE thing that we all have in common, it's our PlayStation consoles. I have always been a fan of a good community. Nothing beats having someone to play a game with on day one or to share your experiences with. The sharing of information and friendly competition are also greatly appreciated. Connecting with like-minded people like this can be difficult and limited in the real world so thank you internet. *hugs internet*

I'll be logging information about the forums current state during our departure here...

Also feel free to tell your story and give us the reason why you are here. This way we can log all the problems we may have and send it to the CMs in hope that something may be done. Of course I know some of you don't want to have your names involved so if you would rather PM me your thoughts/experiences/complaints feel free to.

Spoiler!
AUG-29-2014: The day we decided we've had enough. We follow in the footsteps of those before us, seeking refuge in greener pastures. When we left there were multiple threads on the same topic and a lot of trolling, baiting and inflammatory remarks being thrown around.

AUG-30: At a glance things some things seem to have been cleaned up. We did see the "Complain about PS4" thread get locked. The reasoning was that it had 'become' a troll thread rather then actually being a troll thread.
PS Home is being attacked by multiple alts making threads which where harassing other members. One of the members was a community manager who was '@mentioned'. It only took about 15 minutes for that thread to be locked and deleted while the ones harassing normal members continued to remain active.
Off-topic was also spammed for hours...

(Editing Incoming)
Last edited by JASONxxVOORHEES on 29 Aug 2014, 09:04, edited 1 time in total.
JASONxxVOORHEES
Community Moderator

Re: Official US PlayStation Forums: The Exodus

Postby JASONxxVOORHEES » 29 Aug 2014, 08:54

Our thoughts in a message...

Spoiler!
We have decided to contact you as we view you to be an actual fan of Sony products and not one of the many users hell bent on destroying our community through repetitious anti PlayStation threads and repeated verbal abuse towards members looking for a more enjoyable experience. Several of us have already determined that it is time for an extensive yet official break from the PlayStation forums. Unfortunately.

Several things are just downright wrong with the current state of these forums and it's even more upsetting that the official Xbox forums, something known for years to be a childish cesspool and broken community, are more on top of things then they are here. Note however that we are indeed still PlayStation gamers and any reference towards Xbox is indeed just a reference.

We have seen actual users post real questions only to have their questions buried under troll bait threads. We have seen new members come to this community looking to connect with fellow gamers only to be assaulted by alt accounts only in it for the 'lols'. We have seen threads of praise be bashed, derailed and buried by 10+ "I hate PSNow" threads. We have seen [INFO] threads buried within hours, never to be seen again. Those doing the [INFO] threads are doing an extensive amount of work for these threads which are also incredibly time consuming. We have seen multiple user's good names dragged through the mud.

There seems to be two types of users on these forums. Those who have come to the community in hopes of finding an actual community and those who's sole intent is hidden behind personal grudges and an emotional desire to upset innocent people.

Please do not take this as us saying that 'nothing' is being done but rather, 'not enough'. There is no reason to have multiple threads on the same topic floating around on the first page of PSGeneral. This clearly constitutes Spam by the TOS and does nothing but block up space for the more positive threads. That is not to say that all complaints aren't real but the irony, likeness and timing of all these 'complaints' coming in is too coincidental to happen on a repeat basis. There is no reason to let the same users repeatedly use inflammatory comments, post troll bait, evade the language filter and bait 'Sony defenders' into slipping up and reporting them. We have had several helpful, Sony fans be banned for defending the product this site was built for. Several times have we seen certain users favored over others. Several times have we seen our posts deleted or missing without notification from moderation. Several times have we seen heavy handed bans... just not where you think they would be directed.

It is most upsetting to see this happen as it is doing nothing to actually help the product. We are forced to sit by the wayside and watch as our community is misrepresented and the products we love be destroyed. Even before tonight have there been users who just left rather then participate because of these exact reasons.

Please do not take this as us against moderation. Most of us already committed to this are close to some moderators and community managers. It's nothing against them directly but instead the current state of the forums and how it's been dealt with. This is no longer a community but rather, an arena.

I am not asking you to 'abandon ship'. I am just asking you to think about the situation more. If you would like to join us in our "vacation", you can join our temporary sanctuary here... cup.php?mode=register
...remember though, there are many that would like your involvement (or lack thereof) and no amount trolling can destroy a community if that community isn't there.

Sincerely,
Your friends in the New Forum Order
Last edited by JASONxxVOORHEES on 29 Aug 2014, 19:10, edited 1 time in total.
JASONxxVOORHEES
Community Moderator

Postby JASONxxVOORHEES » 29 Aug 2014, 08:56

Actual posts and PMs from the users on the PlayStation Forums

Feel free to leave to absurd and uncalled for comments you have received either in this thread or through PM to me. They will most likely make it to this post (eventually)...

And remember, it's not 'blacklisting' on these forums...

Spoiler!
HiTmAN_90 wrote:

"learn 2 S.T.F.U. BYTCH **bleep** MOFO" (through PM)

"youre a little girl" (through PM)

uh--oh wrote:

(after being asked why he was trolling that day)
"Lmao, I think you need to look in the mirror. Since when has speaking the truth called trolling?" (through PM)
JASONxxVOORHEES
Community Moderator

Postby Black0Panther » 29 Aug 2014, 18:36

Im here for a clean start when you can talk about hardware and games and not be bashed or insulted as a fan boy or something else cause you think differently or like something other people dont. Please read this one. The MODs there allow this bull to happen

Spoiler!
Blow me.

Hey look idoit PS4 is getting 3D Blu ray support next week!!!! Sony was just holding out and that proves it that it is easy to implement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

would you mind removing that stupid picture you have after every post.its 100% stupid and im real tired of seeing it.id hate to have to ignore you over it but its to the point were i cant look at that idiot looking thing any more

Sent: ‎11-04-2013 10:06 AM
VorxDargo wrote:
do whatever you want, if this somehow come back to be i don't care. not the first time i've been banned for no reason. and with you and those others i'm sure it won't be the last.

Me: Dude ive never ban banned for anything on these. Forums. I d o state my opinions but I just dont got out and attack people either. I have already forwarded everything to the mod. Showing who was the true poster of that line and again it wasnt me. Stop blaming me for something I didnt write or say please. You may not like me cause we disagree a lot but now you are using me as a arget to get your way, I personaly dont like it and specially seeing I didnt post that line in the first place.

Vox: like i said do as you wish, i've done what i had to so i'm done here. i have you a fair warning to do just as your doing. a chance to prove your innocents and all. that will be the last honorable thing you (as well as the others who do attack me) will get anymore.

ME: You feel how you feel about me and others. I do respect that. But you falsly blamed me for posting somethng I didnt post. AndIm defending my self here on it. I did not type those words and hit send. I hit the quote button and it was in there. I understand you are up set. Im trying to be fair here and be honest. Not letting our conversations rule over us. I swar to you that I did not type those words against you. I also swear I would do a thing like that to you or any one it is just 100% wrong and it isnt the way I do things. I do not like being a target. nor will I use people as targets like that post was done. I mean this man I swear I didnt post that. I have nothing personaly against you. Other than in Sony stuff . We dont see eye to eye and there is nothing wrong with that.

Vox: like i said i gave you a fair warning about it and with that good day.

Black0Panther wrote:

B3GV5M63 wrote:

Ness_and_Sonic wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:
Me: Ness no matter how you add all this junk together you say that happen or even may of happend. It dont cover the amount that Sony lost keeping the PSN free. Pure and simple. If you dont get that well have fun the fights over. Sonys not changing anything any time soon.

Ness:
I don't consider it over, nor do I intend to give up. Mainly because of that last line. It might not happen with the next few days, but that doesn't mean it can't happen in the next year as long as I keep trying. Of course, things like the PS4 getting emulated (work is already being done from what I understand, being a PC at heart with a modified PC Operating System might make it easier than trying to emulate a PS3 on a PC) and other things that Sony wouldn't approve of could speed the process up.

considering that people emulated the PS2 in no time. it won't take long before someone emulates the PS4. its X86. technically. you don't need to emulate them. you just need to adjust the game so that it would work with regular pc hardware.

Me:Super computer then lol not many will have this why? On average it takes 4 times the hardware power to emulate the origional hardware. So we all need super computers to do this. Also be no online play at all. So is it really worth it nope. All that may work if it does is single player games and thats it and with emulation not everything runs close to anywhere right. Just about every piece of software has an issue when emulated.

B3GV5M63: again. you're not worth responding to. trash

So tired of this crap.
Black0Panther
Grinder

Postby JASONxxVOORHEES » 29 Aug 2014, 19:15

Wow, Panther...

I honestly didn't expect that much, I'm almost envious...
JASONxxVOORHEES
Community Moderator

Postby BaltRavensFan20 » 29 Aug 2014, 19:39

Jason if you want that pm I sent to the mod here it is:

"So I was the one who made the "A open request to the mods" thread and was wondering why my thread was moved to the support area when it's not support. It has nothing to to with any playstation system or issue with one. I made that thread to not only get mods attention but to open others eyes. The whole point was for it to be in a busy section and for people to notice. Did I strike a chord with mods or something so they decided to move it to a dead zone? No offense but myself and others just feel like mods aren't doing their job anymore. You guys leave posts with arguments and trolls in them and get rid of the threads that are supposed to be there, people who provide no help to this community by trolling are STILL here trolling away. It honesty pisses me off ad a member of this community and am thinking about leaving. This place isn't enjoyable to be here anymore and I know I'm not the only one who feels that way. Sorry to yell at you, but I needed to get out my feelings."

It still says unread, so a response may or may not be coming...

Felt bad unloading on him/her, but I needed to unload on someone lol.
BaltRavensFan20
C4DC Clan Member

Postby JASONxxVOORHEES » 29 Aug 2014, 20:21

They may not technically be allowed to reply...

But I have heard of them replying to some...
JASONxxVOORHEES
Community Moderator

Postby Black0Panther » 30 Aug 2014, 10:01

Im tired of the crap there no offence but you saw my spoiler comment and it still continues. The trolls are allowed to do what they please. Allowed to take over threads and post new threads at will cluttering up the front page with pure crap you got to filter through. You open your mouth on something and you get bit. Even being understanding or reasonable to a Sony problem will sig all the anti Sony trolls after you. The trolls get to insult people, derail good threads or promote all of there personal opinions. They get to do what ever they want and Mods dont do crap. You got a few specific users there that cause issues every post they make and nothing is done. I do not mind complaints if there sensible and reasonable but you got trolls demanding AAA games free such as Destiny on Plus. you got others demanding MP3 and CD support now. Another few demand AAAs no and a console must launch with 100 titles for it. I had one person posted in my spoiler day after day post i want it now this second. Seems this gen has turned from patience and enjoyment to give to me now I cant wait by the way seeing i bought your console now you owe me even more again give it to me now.

And to add a side note to this. Ive confronted a few of the trolls and had mods threaten of a ban for some how breaking the rules of TOS. Yet the trolls break it daily and nothing ever happens to them.
Black0Panther
Grinder

Postby JASONxxVOORHEES » 30 Aug 2014, 10:51

I agree...

But the thing is, even when mp3 is available, they'll find something else to attack. And it's like you said, there deffinatly are real people with real complaints but there is no reason why there should be multiple threads on the topic. I specifically remember there being 10, yes 10 threads on PSNow. 9 of them were complaints and 1 was a request to get games added to the beta. What was even more disturbing was that several of those threads had 'title and tag' changes made by moderation so we know that they have seen these threads...

Shouldn't they get merged together? Doesn't posting multiple threads constitute as Spam?

I've even tested this by posting the same reply to different threads on the same topic. I had my posts removed and was banned for spamming. I'm not upset about it because, yes, I did technically post spam... but the mod went through all the trouble of editing my posts and banning me but it never once occurred to them that the threads I posted in were damn near identical and nothing was done about it...
JASONxxVOORHEES
Community Moderator

Postby Black0Panther » 30 Aug 2014, 11:51

I agree 100%. With the mods no actions your first page is typical crap cause of these threads that truly should be all merged into one. today there's another new Change PSN name thread on first page. That should be merged with the dozen of others or even make another area of forums asking what would you like to see or complaints. So people can post freely there and let the main area be what it should be fans talking about the consoles and games. Not complaint after complaint after complaint.
Black0Panther
Grinder

Next

Return to PlayStation